Poof!: It's All Gone
This mature album delves into aspects of love and the evolution of a woman’s journey through a break-up and beyond. Powerful, insightful music and lyrics combine to transport you through the highs and lows of her metamorphosis.
“Poof! It’s All Gone”
“Poof!…” explores facets of love and a woman’s journey through the demise of a long-term relationship. After going through a divorce herself and countless conversations with friends who passionately described their own experiences, Terry was inspired to give these feelings a voice through music. Thirteen songs evolve in ways that touch on a mix of emotions: from joy and hope, to confusion, heartbreak, anger, and finally resignation and a new sense of self-confidence. In her typical fashion, Terry weaves insightful lyrics and catchy melodies with her beautiful voice and harmonies – writing, performing and arranging every note herself. Don’t miss this meaningful, musical story that will resonate with you, no matter where you are in your adult life.
- Falling in Love Again: the excitement of finding love and wanting to savor these heightened emotions for as long as possible.
- One Of These Days, I’ll Find A Way To You: about the fairy tale illusion of love that so many girls – and later, women – hold on to verses the reality of building a long term relationship and communicating intimately with a partner.
- Indecision: when nothing one does seems right, and it’s impossible to move forward.
- Bring Back The Days: remembering a time when love was new, and a wish to start over again.
- Without You: day-to-day dysfunction and frustration. A plea to hear the truth and not play games.
- Poof! It’s All Gone: a marriage blows up because of an affair. Vows have been broken and irrevocable damage has been done.
- All You Can Do Is Think About You: a partner whose life is steeped in lies and deceit, and the effect of their actions on their family.
- Where Do You Go: what happens when the dust has settled and it’s time to leave.
- One For You And One For Me: a humorous song about divorce, dividing worldly goods, and the positive side of being single again.
- Where Have All My Good Years Gone: looking back, bemoaning the fact that so many good years were invested and wasted in the relationship, and the gnawing feeling that one was a fool not to have seen the signs sooner.
- Strong Hearts: why do we end up loving the people we do? This piece is about forgiveness and a deep-seated desire to have our lives and relationships mean something, taking into account the bad and the good.
- Blue Water: a woman comes full circle, back to a happy place where she can be playful, relax, and feel whole again.
- Second Time Around: toying with the idea of getting back together again, either as the former married couple reunited, or two divorcees who hope to get it right this time around.